1. Daily screening prior to work
Employee Screening in Effect at Chandler Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital & Campus-Based Ambulatory Clinics
Employees are now being screened before entering Good Samaritan Hospital, Chandler Hospital and campus-based ambulatory practices.
To ensure we are able to screen all employees entering our facilities, access is limited and employees must use designated entrances. Please read the linked instructions below. You will need to complete a survey every morning before proceeding to work.
- COVID-19 Employee Screening Process
- COVID-19 Employee & Vendor Screening Survey (take before work)
- COVID-19 Screening “How To” Info Sheet
Please complete the prescreen no more than four (4) hours prior to the start of your shift and only if you are working at one of the locations where screening has been initiated.
Employee screening will be expanded to additional ambulatory sites in phases the week of April 6.
2. Drive-thru testing for symptomatic employees
We are prioritizing testing for employees so that you can receive the care you need as well as minimize the spread of the virus to our patients and other employees.
Contact your supervisor and click on the survey link below to complete the screening survey if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 that includes a new cough plus any of the following:
- New shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
If you are currently experiencing severe symptoms, please go to your closest ED for evaluation and do not complete this survey for drive-thru testing.
Drive-Thru Screening Survey
Once you complete the survey, these steps will follow:
- A screener will review your answers and may contact you via phone during the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. if you qualify for testing.
- If survey is completed through the week, Monday through Thursday, you will receive a call within 1 day to arrange a testing appointment.
- If you complete the survey on Friday through Sunday, it will be no later than Monday when you are contacted with an appointment.
- Higher risk patients may be asked to schedule an appointment with their primary care provider for a full, in-person exam.
Remember, at any point you develop worsening of symptoms while waiting for an appointment, please seek care in the ED closest to you. If you do not receive a testing appointment, you will still receive a phone call with further guidance.
If you are unable to access the survey link, please contact your supervisor, who has been given specific instructions about how to assist you.
Team testing at Turfland
Drive-thru testing at UK Healthcare at Turfland is by appointment only. Screening and appointment details are carefully planned out with only your health in mind. If you arrive to be tested without an appointment, you will be turned away by UK Police.
Please arrive as close to your scheduled appointment as possible. If you arrive more than 15 minutes ahead of your appointment, you may be asked to pull to the side to wait until your scheduled time. You must bring your employee ID badge with you.
If you are assigned an appointment at Turfland, please do the following:
- Enter Turfland through the Harrodsburg Road entrance and follow the signs to rear of the building.
- Follow the signs and stay in your car and keep your windows rolled up until directed to roll them down.
- When you come to the registration tent, follow the instructions of the staff.
- After registering, you will proceed to Testing Station 2 or Testing Station 3 where you will complete your test.
- Exit to the right, drive past Lexington Surgery Center and Big Lots and exit via Lane Allen Road.
CLICK HERE to see UK HealthCare at Turfland map.
I ask that you not share anything about this testing on social media. Please be respectful of your fellow team members; HIPAA rules apply.
If you have any questions in general about COVID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.